What Information Do We Collect?
- We collect various types of information depending upon how you use our site. When you order from us, we collect your name, address, email address & phone number. We also gather information on the person who will receive any gift you send (e.g., that person’s name and address) and we will retain a record of your purchases. At Checkout, we collect the above information.
- When you submit a question to customer service, we need your email address to respond, and you also may provide us with various additional information to help us answer your question. We may acquire customer lists from other parties so that we may invite new people to visit TriLanai.com. Our policy is to acquire only lists of people who have indicated that they are willing to receive email offers. Also, each time we send an email offer, we provide people with the opportunity to opt out of receiving future email offers.
What Are Cookies and Do We Use Them?
- A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a Web site that is saved on your hard disk by your computer’s browser. It holds information a site may need to interact with you and personalize your experience.
- At TriLanai.com, we use two kinds of cookies:
- Session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies exist only for as long as your browser remains open. Once you exit your browser, they go away. We use session cookies to maintain information we need to have in order for you to shop at TriLanai.com. For example, the Session ID cookie that we ask your browser to hold retains the ID for your shopping bag. Without the Session ID cookie, you can’t add merchandise to your bag and carry it to Checkout.
- Persistent cookies, in contrast, last from visit to visit; they do not go away when you exit your browser. At TriLanai.com, we are preparing to use persistent cookies to give you a more personalized shopping experience and to help you navigate our store more efficiently. We will use your information to enhance your site experience. Cookies can be used by a Web site to recognize you. But that does not necessarily mean any personal information is stored in the cookies. At TriLanai.com, we store no personal information about you in the cookies. Anything you choose to tell us about yourself (such as your address and email address) is stored safely and separately on our secured servers.
Do We Use Your Information?
- We may use your information in a number of ways, including the following:
- To enhance your online shopping experience. For example, we may use it to recognize you and welcome you to the site.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we send out emails to our customers about products or events that we think may be of interest to them. We also may send you offers for discounts or free services (e.g., free gift wrap or shipping) on our site.
Do We Share Your Information?
- No. Your information is used solely for your expedience with TriLanai.com.
Is My Information Secure?
- TriLanai.com is committed to doing its best to maintain the security of information collected on our site. To try to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place the appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Private account and customer information is located on a secured server behind a firewall; it is not directly connected to the Internet.
What About Information About Children?
- The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act took effect on April 21, 2000 and imposes certain requirements on Web sites directed toward children under 13 that collect information on those children, or on Web sites that know they are collecting information on children under the age of 13. We want to let you know that it currently is TriLanai.com’s policy not to collect personal information on any person under 13.
If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please contact us at email@example.com